Genesis Wellbeing Foundation
Last updated - 24 December 2018
Applications for grant funding from the Genesis Wellbeing Foundation (GWF) have now opened. GWF is the grant producing arm of NHG and helps sustain, empower and create great places for our residents. NHG colleagues are encouraged to nominate organisations that help create local impact for grants through the fund, with over £340,000 having been distributed across 11 organisations during the last funding round in May 2018.
Successful bidders will have to demonstrate how their projects benefit NHG residents in London and south east England, but they can also cater for their wider communities.
The foundation considers applications which benefit residents in one or more of the following themes:
- financial inclusion
- employment, enterprise and training
- digital engagement
- health and wellbeing
- social research
How to submit a nomination?
All applications have to be sponsored by a current NHG employee.
Organisations running projects in their communities can apply for a small grant of up to £5,000 or a larger one of up to £50,000.
The timeline for the application process is provided below:
- 15 October 2018 – opening date for small and large grant applications- now closed
- 30 November 2018 – small grant application window closes- now closed
- 11 January 2019 – large grant application window closes
- 11 January 2019 – small grant winners are announced
- late April 2019 – large grant winners are announced
Applications can be submitted online. A downloadable PDF version of the application is available on the left of this page for those unable to apply online. The link to the application's guide can be found here.
Projects which do not show a clear link to any of the six themes are not suitable for funding. All projects submitted for funding must benefit our residents.
We will be announcing future rounds of grant funding in our Community Roundup newsletter soon, so if you are interested in applying for future grant funding, please make sure you are signed up to the newsletter mailing list.
Genesis Wellbeing Foundation Awards Ceremony
On Thursday 3rd May we held an awards ceremony for the recipients of the Genesis Wellbeing Foundation (GWF) hosted by Jason Coombs, Grants Officer. It was an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the successful projects funded by the GWF. All 11 successful organisations that secured funding were invited to our office in Camden (Atelier House) to celebrate and acknowledge their success.
The afternoon proved to be a great occasion and Carl Byrne (Group Director of Housing) presented the cheques which will support good causes that benefit our residents.
We awarded a total of £343,273 to 11 organisations that will deliver a range of projects that support our overall objectives.
Funded Projects are:
- Active Within www.activewithin.com
- Tutors United www.tutorsunited.org/index/
- ELATT www.elatt.org.uk
- Shapeshifter Productions www.shapeshifter-productions.com
- Colindale Communities Trust www.colindalecommunity.org
- East End Citizens Advice Bureaux www.eastendcab.org.uk
- Oomph! Wellness www.oomph-wellness.org/
- Cracked It www.crackedit.org
- Pro-Action Herts www.pro-actionherts.org
- Groundwork London www.groundwork.org.uk/sites/london
- Place2Be www.place2be.org.uk
You can fill in and submit a contact form by clicking this link: ‘contact form’. Once you press ’submit’, the form will be sent directly to us and we will aim to contact you back within 24 hours.
Alternatively you can email us: SEI@genesisha.org.uk.
Yes you can.