Tackling ASB – making a report
Last updated - 6 November 2017
Making a report – what we need to know
When you report an incident of ASB please tell us:
• Who you are
• Where you live
• Your contact details
• Whether it was you who was affected or whether you are contacting us on behalf of someone else
• If you have contacted any other organisations about the incident like the police or (in the case of excessive noise) a Council’s Noise Service (environment team).
• Stick to the facts
• Do not exaggerate
• Do not claim to have seen or heard anything unless you have done so first-hand
• Try to be objective at all times even though you might feel anxious or emotional
• Tell us if you have ‘hearsay’ evidence that we can use in our investigations.