Benefits and wellbeing
Last updated - 6 April 2018
How we look after you
As well as offering competitive salaries within the sector, we also provide a wide range of additional benefits and a number of ways to maintain a healthy work life balance.
Core and flexible benefits
- Pension scheme - The Genesis pension scheme is a defined contribution pension scheme, and is operated by The Pensions Trust (Genesis will match up to 7.5% of an employee contribution).
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - We offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free confidential advice and counselling services. This is a support service, staffed and provided by an entirely independent organisation. They are leaders in the field and take employee confidentiality extremely seriously. Services they offer include:
- Counselling – on a multitude of different subjects, personal and professional
- Legal – information and signposting on stressful personal, legal or consumer matters
- Financial – information on personal money matters that may be affecting your wellbeing
- Debt Counselling – support in dealing with financial difficulties
- Health and Wellbeing – information on a range of wellbeing issues
- Younger and Elder care – support and signposting on issues affecting both the young and elderly
- Manager Consultation – sounding board to support managers in challenging situations
- Learning and Development - access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including courses, conferences and qualifications.
- Simply Health Cash Plan - with the Simply Health cash plan you can claim money back towards your everyday healthcare costs (dental, eye care, physiotherapy, health screening). You get up to 100% cash back, up to your annual limits. You have instant cover, so you can start claiming from the day you join. Children (under 18 years) are also covered on your policy for free. you can also upgrade and increase your level of cover and/or add a partner.
- In House discounts – Through In House staff can also access online cash back offers, re-loadable shopping cards, gift vouchers and instant vouchers.
- Interest free season ticket loan - deductions are spread from your salary over 12 months (upon completion of a successful probationary period).
- Cycle to work scheme.
Work life balance
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 26 days increasing to 28 days after one year's service (30 days for senior level posts).
- Working where the need takes you! Flexible working at Genesis:
There are many ways that you can work flexibly with Genesis, examples include: flexi-time, compressed hours, staggered hours and part time hours.
When you join Genesis, you’ll be joining a company that encourages everyone to work Smarter. Our agility enables you to achieve a balanced home life and work life. This can include:
- Starting or finishing your working day from home.
- Joining meetings and training sessions virtually rather than attending in person.
- Remote working.
- Use of a Genesis laptop and mobile.
All our offices are fitted with completely flexible work space that provides a professional and relaxed atmosphere.
Have you ever ordered your coffee via an app? At Genesis our contemporary facilities mean you can order your coffee exactly as you like it through our App!
Other pages in this section